Mobile App Makes Venue Assessment Easier
Monday, August 6th, 2012
Site visits and venue assessments are exhausting. You’re touring multiple properties in one day. As the hours stretch on, your notepad fills up with information on wifi, amenities, available meeting space, square footage…and it all just blurs together until you want to lie down and take a big old nap. How often have you tried to go back and decipher your notes to make decisions, thinking “There has got to be an easier way to do this.”
Now there is, thanks to the minds of industry experts Corbin Ball and James Spellos, and the technical aptitude of QuickMobile. This collaboration has resulted in the creation of the free mobile app TechSpec, available now via the App Store and Android Marketplace.
This app (did I mention it’s free? Who doesn’t love free, helpful tools?) lets planners:
- Track venue contact information
- Create detailed property profiles including things like number of guest rooms, meeting spaces and various offered amenities
- Add notes and photos to spice up company profiles
- See ratings of properties based on the notes you enter
- Compare all properties across rankings and categories
Having been a part of a conference management company in the past, I remember all too well the headache of site visits. Had there been an app like this when I was wandering through a myriad of hotels in Seattle back in 2010, I would have been a much happier and more well organized person. The notes alone would be great, but the fact that the app compiles data to provide rankings makes it even more useful.