Meeting Innovation: PCMA’s Learning Lounge
Tuesday, January 25th, 2011
What comes to mind when someone says – Learning Lounge?
For me, I think of a sterile library-like-space with few people, little noise and empty chairs. I’m extremely pleased to tell you that PCMA‘s Learning Lounge was anything but. It was noisy, engaging and full of life!
This experimental idea gave us a glimpse into the Future of Meetings. It showed us new ways to include and engage a large number of attendees. And, showed us how we could incorporate the back of stage into our event experiences.
Luckily I brought my Flip Camera and made a short video. Have a look.
5 things that I liked about the Learning Lounge:
- The format gave approximately 100 additional attendees an opportunity to share ideas and expertise with their peers.
- The open space allowed you to “sample” a bunch of ideas and move between theaters very quickly.
- The interview studio sessions were recorded and broadcast on the internet allowing people at home to participate as well.
- The use of 3D structures and décor created intimate spaces out of a huge open space.
- Having the Learning Lounge right next to the general session helped people arrive early, network, learn and get excited before the general session started.
PCMA’s Learning Lounge was a high-energy, high traffic space that gave a bunch of attendees an opportunity to participate in the event. This is an idea that you should consider for your next meeting or event.
Have you experienced anything like PCMA’s Learning Lounge before? Have you tried anything similar in your own events? And, if you were at PCMA last week – what did you think of the Learning Lounge?
PS. This is a perfect example of Wish #2 coming to life!